Peter Fink, potter
My work is arround domestic ceramics for the table and interior design. At my workshop in Ependes-Fribourg I work out simple shapes and clear lines, sometimes decorated with a calligraphy, a delicate relief or in strong, shiny colours.
I’ve made projects in diferent fields so I’m used to collaborate regularly with artists and designers and also with other ceramists. Some projects have been made with Memphis-Milano, Alfredo Häberli, Alfred Hofkunst, Forma Fantasma, Mathieu Lehanneur, Idris Khan, Annie Morris, Prune Nourry, Bjørn Wiinblad and many others.
Training and skill building
I’ve gived lessons at the Art Schools of Vevey and Berne, at the training center Ballenberg as well as for the Swiss Federal Institute of Techonoly in Zürich or the écal of Lausanne. In collaboration with the University of Teacher Education Fribourg other courses are organized.
As a ceramic expert I’ve worked for Swisscontact and the Zürich University of the Arts as a ceramic consultant and adviser in development cooperation.
Community life :
- CO-Founder of Design Fribourg 2022
- Member of the jury, Prix Jumelles 2018
- Co-Fouder and president of Keramikpanorama Murten, 2011-2021
- Stringer for the spanish crafts umbrella association Oficio y Arte.
- Member of the jury Swiss Ceramic Association (2010-2014)
- Member of the board of Form Forum Switzerland from 1997 to 2003.
- Webmaster and project leader Homepage formforum 1999-2007.
- Member of the jury formforum exposition bleu, Winterthur, Barcelona.
- Member of the commission for the profesional skilling act.
- Member of the board of Crafts Council from 1992-1997